Top 10 quotes from Fallen by Chris
2. “You know everyone loves to hate a happy pair of lovebirds.” – Arriane
3. ” It made Luce want to stand up next to him and fight. Fight to stay alive long enough to live out her life next to him. Fight for the only thing she know that was good enough, noble enough, powerful enough to be worth risking everything. Love.” – Luce
4. “Get to part B, Daniel. Think fast. Patience is a virtue, and you know how Cam feels about those.” – Arriane
5. “The tender pressure of his lips soothed her, like a warm drink in the dead of the winter, when every part of her felt so cold.”
6. “Some things are more important than love. You won’t understand, but you have to trust me.”
7. “Luce had heard people say that line a thousand times before. It was what everyone always said. Not good enough. But when the words passed Daniel’s lips, they sounded important, even somehow true and relevant, not vague and dismissive the way the phrase had always sounded to her in the past.” – Luce
8. “You don’t really know either of us,” Cam said, standing and stepping away, “but you’re prepared to choose right now, huh?”
9. “It is not a little truth.’ Miss Sophia said, stepping forward to position herself between them. ‘And you will not survive it. As you have not survived it in the thousands of years since the Fall”. -Miss Sophia
10. “He’s not good enough for you.” – Daniel
Top 5 Books about Angels By Chris
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce—and goes out of his way to make that very clear—she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.
Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.
2. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She’s never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment. But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora’s not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can’t decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen – and, when it comes to choosing sides,the wrong choice will cost her life.
3. Angel Time (Songs of the Seraphim Series #1) By Anne Rice
Into O’Dare’s nightmarish world of lone and lethal missions comes a mysterious stranger, a seraph, who offers him a chance to save rather than destroy lives. O’Dare, who long ago dreamt of being a priest but instead came to embody danger and violence, seizes his chance. Now he is carried back through the ages to thirteenth-century England, to dark realms where accusations of ritual murder have been made against Jews, where children suddenly…
4. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder — much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it’s hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.
Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary’s mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know….
5. Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1) by JR Ward
Redemption isn’t a word Jim Heron knows much about-his specialty is revenge, and to him, sin is all relative. But everything changes when he becomes a fallen angel and is charge with saving the souls of seven people from the seven deadly sins. And failure is not an option. Vin DiPietro long ago sold his soul to his business, and he’s good with that-until fate intervenes in the form of a tough- talking, Harley-riding, self-professed savior. But then he meets a woman who will make him question his destiny, his sanity, and his heart-and he has to work with a fallen angel to win her over and redeem his own soul.