Peter Facinelli Participates in “Glad To Give” Bake Sale for Charity
Peter Facinelli is giving his time and cookie recipe for the Glad and Cookies for Kids’ Cancer’s “Glad To Give” Celebrity Cookie Challenge. He is facing off against Glee star Jayma Mays and actress Joan Cusack to help raise awareness and funds for pediatric cancer. They are hosting virtual bake sales via Facebook, giving fans an opportunity to join a team, donate money, and buy cookies from their favorite star.
Peter has also shared his cookie recipe with fans. Perhaps you might like to try it out on your friends and family over the upcoming holidays (or just buy some from the website).
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup dried tart cherries
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Whisk together the first four ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and vanilla.
4. Beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended well, then mix in chocolate chips and cherries with a wooden spoon.
5. Put level tablespoons of dough 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets and bake in batches in middle of oven until golden around edges; bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
You can also host a bake sale of your own and Glad will double your donation between now and December 31, 2010. Go here for more information on how to register your bake sale and help a great cause.
Photos from Isle Esme Set
Despite tight security, there are many photos on the Internet of Rob and Kristen on the “Isle Esme” set in Paratay, Brazil. In these shots, we can see Rob in some comfy beach attire as well as Rob and Kristen sitting on some pillows playing chess (nice allusion to the “Breaking Dawn” cover, huh?).
Have you joined Team Facinelli for the bake sale challenge yet? Has anyone purchased any cookies? I’m definitely going to be baking a batch of those cookies at my house. They sound delicious – you can’t go wrong with chocolate and cherry!
What do you think of the Isle Esme photos? I laughed out loud when I noticed that they were playing chess. That must be during the time when Edward was diverting Bella’s attention away from the bedroom. Ha!
What do you think of today’s Twilight news? Join us in the forum and share your thoughts. We’d love to hear from you!