What better way to celebrate our book club than talking about some of it’s content. This week we bring you a look at some of the best moments in Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife. How would you feel if you were married to a time traveler?
Top 5/10 Time Travel Events from The Time Traveler’s Wife
1. Henry rarely drives, and the one times he does, he time travels. When he comes back, the lake is being dragged for his body.
2. Time travelings pretty cool, unless you miss your own wedding and are replaced by an older version of yourself. I guess you’ll see it someday, right?
3. In order to be a time traveler you have to know how to survival so future Henry teaches younger Henry the art of pickpocketing and survival.
4. Time traveling for the first time huh? Well what better thing to do than a tour of the Field Museum of Natural Histroy.
5. There’s nothing like time traveling during church is there?
Top 5 Quotes From The Time Traveler’s Wife
1. “Long ago, men went to sea, and women waited for them, standing on the edge of the water, scanning the horizon for the tiny ship. Now I wait for Henry. He vanishes unwillingly, without warning. I wait for him. Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments lined up, waiting. Why has he gone where I cannot follow?”
2. “Don’t you think it’s better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?”
3. “I won’t ever leave you, even though you’re always leaving me.”
4. “Clare, I want to tell you, again, I love you. Our love has been the thread through the labyrinth, the net under the high-wire walker, the only real thing in this strange life of mine that I could ever trust. Tonight I feel that my love for you has more density in this world than I do, myself: as though it could linger on after me and surround you, keep you, hold you.”
5. “I place my hands over her ears and tip her head back, and kiss her, and try to put my heart into hers, for safekeeping, in case I lose it again.”
Top 5 Worst Things About Being Married to a Time Traveler – Dawn
1. He can vanish at anytime, including your wedding day.
2. It’s hard to have babies when it keeps time traveling out of your womb.
3. He may not show up for dinner, there’s no controlling it.
4. If he’s driving and time travels, you’re really screwed.
5. When he does show up, after time traveling, he’s buck naked (not necessarily bad though).
Let me just start off by saying if Eric Bana showed up naked everytime he traveled that would definitely not be bad, unless it was in a public place, like church. I really love this book and I haven’t even finished it. If you haven’t read it I highly suggest it. Audrey writes some beautiful and witty dialogue and it’s a greta love story.
What do you think of our lists?
Do you think you’d want a time traveler for a husband/wife?