The Top 10 Things I Didn’t Know About Me While Writing ‘Tin God’
by Author Stacy Green
Thanks to the gals at Open Book Society for having me on to talk about my new novel, TIN GOD. I’m very excited to be here!
TIN GOD is the first book in my Delta Crossroads Series, and creating this book changed my perspective on the craft of writing and my career as an author. I wanted to do something fun for this post, so here are the Top 10 Things I Didn’t Know About Me While Writing TIN GOD.
1) I am actually a pants hanging off plotter. What does that mean? It means I need a fairly strong outline when I start a novel, but no matter how much I plan, I still need to write the first act to know exactly where I want to go.
2) I can actually stick to the writing schedule I create.
3) I can create a strong female character who isn’t a whiney you-know-what.
4) I love torturing my characters. Not sure what that says about me personally…
5) My love of history is second only to my love of writing, and if I keep working at this, I can find the best of both worlds.
6) Writing description is probably my strong suit, and I absolutely love that part of the process.
7) Being in my mid-thirties really HAS made me older and wiser. And my body has started to creak…
8) I finally understand what it means when an author says a character won’t stop talking to them. Jaymee, the heroine of TIN GOD, makes a major appearance in the series second book.
9) A big slab of chocolate really does soothe my soul.
10) The width of my butt is directly proportional to the hours it spends in my chair while I’m writing. Working on that!
TIN GOD (Book 1 in the Delta Crossroads Series)
Getting pregnant as a teenager and being coerced into giving her baby up for adoption left a festering scar on Jaymee Ballard’s life. Trapped by poverty and without many allies, Jaymee nearly gives up hope of getting her daughter back after her best friend is murdered. Now, four years later, a wealthy woman with legal connections hires her as a housekeeper, and Jaymee gathers the courage to seek her help. But Jaymee’s last chance ends up in a puddle of blood in one of the historic antebellum mansions in Roselea, Mississippi.
I just murdered your wife…again.
An unsigned letter consisting of six horrifying words turns Nick Samuels stagnant life upside down. Stuck in emotional purgatory since his wife’s unsolved murder four years ago, Nick is about to self-destruct. The arrival of the letter claiming credit for his wife’s murder and boasting of a new kill sends Nick to Roselea, where he and Jaymee’s worlds collide.
Jaymee and Nick realize exposing the truth about her daughter’s adoption is the only way to solve the murders. Up against years of deception, they rush to identify the killer before the evidence–and Jaymee’s daughter–are lost.
But the truth doesn’t always set the guilt-ridden free. Sometimes, it destroys them.
About the author
Born in Indiana and raised in Iowa, Stacy Green earned degrees in journalism and sociology from Drake University. After a successful advertising career, Stacy became a proud stay-at-home mom to her miracle child. Now a full-time author, Stacy juggles her time between her demanding characters and supportive family. She loves reading, cooking, and the occasional gardening excursion. Stacy lives in Marion, Iowa with her husband Rob, their daughter Grace, and the family’s three obnoxious but lovable canine children.
Website: www.stacygreen.netAmazon Author Page Facebook Stacy Green, Author Twitter @StacyGreen26
Thanks, Stacy, for being our guest and giving a little insight on you!
Check out our review of TIN GOD here and stay tuned for the TIN GOD swag giveaway that you won’t want to miss!!