Today we bring you our top books about survival and dystopian societies. Enjoy!
Top 5 favorite books about survival – Chris & Dawn
1. The Forrest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan– In Mary’s world, there are simple truths. Now she must choose between her village and her future, between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded by so much death?
2. The Hatchet by Gary Paulsen (OMG that was my favorite book -chris) (omg i love that book and the follow up ones!!! -dawn) a plane crashes and a young boy must fend for himself in the wilderness.
3. Lord of the Flies by William Golding– a group of boys have survived a plane crash, only to find themselves alone on an island. They soon realize what it takes to survive and it gets ugly to say the least.
4. Graceling by Kristen Cashore – Graceling takes readers inside the world of Katsa, a warrior-girl in her late teens with one blue eye and one green eye. This gives her haunting beauty, but also marks her as a Graceling. Forced to act as a henchman for a manipulative king, Katsa channels her guilt by forming a secret council of like-minded citizens who carry out secret missions to promote justice over cruelty and abuses of power.
5. The Maze Runner by James Dashner– When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls. Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.
Top 5/10 Dystopian books -Erin
2. 1984 by George Orwell
3. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
4. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
5. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? By Phillip K. Dick
6. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
8. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
9. The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking Series) by Patrick Ness
10. Anthem by Ayn Rand
What do you think of the lists? What are your favorite survival books?