Did you enjoy last month’s bookclub? OBS Staffer Heidi picked out her ten favorite quotes.
Top 10 Favorite Quotes from Darkfever
1. “Last night you said you wanted to know what to expect so you could better select your attire. I told you
we were going to visit a vampire in a Goth-den tonight. Why, then, Ms. Lane, do you look like a perky
2.“If he were any other man, I might have suspected him of substance abuse, of being coked up or something. But Barrons was too much a purist for that; his drugs were money, power, and control”
3. “When insane things start to arrange themselves in sane patterns around you, you know you got problems.”
4. “Barrons laughed again. “And there, my dear Fio, you make one of Womankind’s greatest mistakes: Falling in love with a man’s potential. We so rarely share the same view of it, and even more rarely care to achieve it. Stop pining for the man you think I could be — and take a good, long, hard look at the one I am.”
5. “Sometimes, Ms. Lane,” he said, “one must break with one’s past to embrace one’s future. It is never an easy thing to do. It is one of the distinguishing characteristics between survivors and victims. Letting go of what was, to survive what is.”
6.”Oh, I’m so sorry, Ms. Lane, I didn’t mean to wrinkle your lovely blouse. May I press that for you?’ Or perhaps you gouged it with one of your pretty pink nails?”
7. “You, Ms. Lane, are a menace to others! A walking, talking catastrophe in pink!”
8. “I’d never been turned on by the Ken doll—even before I looked down his pants and saw what was missing”
9. “You need me as much as I need you. That makes us equal partners in my book.
Well, your book is just wrong.”
10. “Beautiful women rarely possess sufficient depth of character to survive without their pretty feathers.”
Did your favorite make the list? Tell us here!