New episodes start day after tomorrow(!!!) To hold you over, we have our top 10 lists, Futurama style.
Top 10 Futurama Episodes-Erin
1. Roswell That Ends Well: I’m not the only one who loved this episode, Futurama won an Emmy for this one. After a freak accident, Fry, Leela, the Professor, Bender and Zoidberg are sent back in time to 1947 and find out what really happened in Roswell, NM that year…
2. The Why of Fry: This episode explains why Fry is the way he is, and why that matters. Plus the best line of the whole series is in this episode (Please don’t be offended): “FRY: ‘So I really am important? How I feel when I’m drunk is correct?’ NIBBLONIAN: ‘Yes, except Dave Matthews doesn’t rock.”
3. Parasites Lost: Fry eats an egg salad sandwich from a truckstop bathroom and gets worms. In order to get them out, they crew goes inside his body (literally, as mini robots) to fight them off. Remember that episode of The Magic School Bus where they go inside Ralphie? Like that, but way funnier.
4. Spanish Fry: While camping Fry is abducted by aliens who take his nose, which is sold on the black market as an aphrodisiac. Fry, Bender and Leela try to get it back from the alien who bought it trying to solve his marriage issues. When the alien who bought realizes that’s not a humans, um, “love muscle”, he decides to take the right one. And Fry tries to help them get their marriage back on track to save his “human horn”. WOO!
5. The Devil’s Hands are Idle Playthings: The series finale ended with a bang; or rather, an opera. Fry makes a deal with the (robot) devil to win Leela’s heart, and it ends in hilarious song.
6. Anthology of Interest II: Three mini episodes featuring the “What-if” machine give us a view of life were more like a video game (with the military run by Gen. Colin Pacman), what it would be like if Bender were human, and a Wizard of Oz spoof.
7. The Problem with Popplers: While on a mission, the crew runs out of food. They find a planet with tons of little things that turn out to be delicious. They take them home and start selling them. But the Omicronians aren’t happy about it…
8. The Farnsworth Parabox: The Professor creates a box with a parallel universe inside, and the other versions of all the characters interact with…themselves.
9. Amazon Women in the Mood: Leela and Amy double date with Zapp Brannigan and Kif, and Zapp manages to crash the resturant into a planet inhabited by Amazon women and their leader, Femputer. The men died out years ago and they’re very happy to see Zapp, Kif and Fry (since he and Bender came to rescue the girls.) Guest staring Bea Arthur as Femputer.
10. Love and Rocket: After a personality “upgrade” to the Planet Express ship, she and Bender start dating. Guest starring Sigourney Weaver, the episode is an homage to “2001: A Space Odyssey”. Besides, how often do you get to hear the phrase “quantum singularity” in comedy?
Top 10 Futurama Quotes-Erin
*Fry: “Which crazy thing happening are you guys screaming about?”
*Professor Farnsworth: “Think of philosophical and metaphysical ramifications of…’
Fry, interrupting: “BANANA! BANANA! BANANA!”
*Fry: ‘I’m having one of those things. You know, a headache with pictures?’
Leela: ‘An idea?”
*Fry: “Hey. Did everything just taste purple for a second?”
*Nibbler: “It’s possible, we live long and are celebrated poopers.”
*Professor Farnsworth: “Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. ‘I’m My Own Grandpa”
*Leela: “What planet is this, anyway?”
Zapp Brannigan: *Scrugs* “This whole sector’s uncharted”
Kif: “It is not uncharted, you LOST the chart”
*The Big Brain: “The big Brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Mwah ha ha ha! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!”
*Morbo: “Morbo forget how you say that letter that looks like a man in a hat.
Linda: It’s a T. It goes ‘tuh’
Morbo: Hello, little man. I will destroy you!”