Week 2: More Lost questions answered! More raised!
Scifiwire.com has hit the nail on the head with this article:
Oh, Japanese Dude, why does everyone on this damn island who actually knows something have to talk in riddles?
All in all, while Tuesday’s episode, “What Kate Does,” moved the plot along and left us with 15 more new questions, the episode answered very few questions from previous episodes.
NEW QUESTIONS FROM THIS WEEK’S “WHAT KATE DOES” EPISODE:
134. Why do the Temple Others have to torture Sayid to “diagnose,” him and why do they think he’s been “infected” and “claimed”?
135. Did the Smoke Monster infect Sayid when he was shot, kind of like an Evil Dead sort of thing?
136. Does this mean that the Man In Black actually orchestrated Sayid’s “infected” resurrection by posing as Jacob and asking Hurley to take Sayid to the Temple save his life?
137. Why do the Temple Others agree to let Kate and Jin go after Sawyer and insist “It’s very important he get back safely”? Why do they care?
143. Will Losties Kate and Claire hook up so that Kate can take her “back to Aaron”?
146. What does Japanese Dude Dogen mean when he tells Jack that being claimed and going evil “happened to your sister”? WTF?
147. What happened to Lostie Clairewhile she was missing, and how did she end up looking so Rousseau-esque?
148. Did the Smoke Monster do that to her hair?
ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS WE’VE ALREADY RAISED
1. Who is Jacob? Apparently he’s a ghost now, along with possibly being God. Maybe. (“LA X”)
8. Is Locke dead? Our Locke is alive in the new Altverse. However, he’s dead in the old Lostverse, according to the Locke-ness Monster. In fact, he filled Ben in on all the details of what Locke was thinking as he was dying when Ben strangled him. Nice touch, that one. (“LA X”)
Read more here
I have to admit that I am getting really frustrated with Lost. I’m ready to give up. I’ve been wanting answers for so long that it’s become annoying.
I hope they start to give fans the answers we need.
What do you want answered in this season? Are you feeling frustrated with the lack of answers?