Brought to you by OBS staff member Annabell Cadiz
It is not time to let go of the Harry Potter series yet. This Sunday, the MTV Movie Awards will be taking place and among the nominees for Movie of the Year, ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2’ makes an appearance. So, this week we go back through memory lane for a little refreshment on our Harry Potter quotes. Enjoy!
- “The last words Albus Dumbledore spoke to the pair of us?’
- Harry is the best hope we have. Trust him.”
- “I am sorry too,” said Lupin. “Sorry I will never know [my son]… but he will know why I died and I hope he will understand I was trying to make a world in which he could live a happier life.”
- “What are you doing with all those books anyway?” Ron asked.
- Just trying to decide which ones to take with us,” said Hermione. When we’re looking for the Horcruxes.”
- ‘Oh, of course,” said Ron, clapping a hand to his forehead. “I forgot we’ll be hunting down Voldemort in a mobile library.”
- You are nearly there,” said James. “Very close. We are so proud of you.”
- “I’m Draco Malfoy, I’m Draco, I’m on your side!”
- Draco was on the upper landing, pleading with another masked Death Eater. Harry Stunned the Death Eater as they passed: Malfoy looked around, beaming, for his savior, and Ron punched him from under the cloak. Malfoy fell backward on top of the Death Eater, his mouth bleeding, utterly bemused.
- “And that’s the second time we’ve saved your life tonight, you two-faced bastard!” Ron yelled.”
- “The silence was unbearable to him. If the pictures could have reflected the feelings inside him, they would have been screaming in pain.”
- “You are the true master of death, because the true master does not seek to run away from Death. He accepts that be must die, and understands that there are far, far worse things in the living world than dying.”
- “Power was my weakness and my temptation.” -Dumbledore
- “He read the letter again, but could not take in any more meaning than he had done the first time and was reduced to staring at the handwriting itself. She had made her g’s the same way he did : he searched through the letter for every one of them, and each felt like a friendly little wave glimpsed from behind a veil. The letter was an incredible treasure, proof that Lily Potter had lived, really lived, that her warm hand had once moved across this parchment, tracing ink into these letters, these words, words about him, Harry, her son.”
- “Do not pity the dead, Harry, pity the living. Above all pity those who live without love. By returning you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed and fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say goodbye for the present.”
Which of this quotes was your favorite? Is there any other quote that you would add to our list?