Brought to you by OBS staff reviewer Annabell Cadiz
Through the Harry Potter novels, J.K. Rowling was able to venture into the world of not only creating charming and lovable characters, but fantastic words that makes us laugh and use our imagination!
- Quidditch: the sport held at Hogwarts featuring brooms, quaffle balls that try to kill you, and a small golden snitch that seems way too sneaky!
- Horcrux: an object that stores a piece of a dark wizard or witch’s soul and plays a crucial role in the last two novels of Harry Potter.
- Avada Kedavra: One of the Unforgiveable curses used only by dark witches and wizards. Kills the person who is hit by the spell instantly.
- Muggle: People are non-magical; they are neither witch or wizard or any other time of fantastical creature. They are human.
- Veritaserum: a potion that will help one to spill every secret about themselves with only a few drops.
- Felix Felicis: a potion that gives the one who drinks it good luck for a day.
- Alohomora: a spell which is capable of unlocking various types of things.
- Animagi: a wizard or witch who has the ability to turn themselves into an animal
- Boggart: a highly secretive creature that can turn into basically anything.
- Codswallop: something that is not true, considered a lie.
I feel that I learned more the complicated words from the Harry Potter books than the ones that I had to study for school while I was growing up reading them Do you have a favorite word or spell from the Harry Potter series? What other word would you add to the list?