By OBS staff member Heidi
You may ask why you’d be reading about Nora Roberts on OBS. Isn’t she a romance author? Yes and No. There are several books she has written that actually do fit into OBS’s paranormal/sci-fi genre and they usually have some romance weaved in to keep interesting. The very first series I ever read of hers was the In the Garden Trilogy and I really thought it was going to be some sappy romantic rag, but in fact I was rocked with how good it was. It was about people running a nursery (the flower kind) and the house was haunted by a ghost (that’s where it fits into our genre!) who stalks the baby nursery in the house looking for kids to replace the baby that was taken from her when she was alive. It was quite the page turner and I was sad when it was over. I read it many years ago and actually forgot about it (and the fact that she does in fact fit into the paranormal genre) until recently. She also has some books about witches and vampires, not to mention her futuristic In Death series that she penned under the name J.D. Robb that I’m currently working through. Granted, not all of her books fit into our genre, but she definitely has enough that I decided to share this list of book signing events with you. If this in your area and you have the time, I think it would definitely be worth the trip to check her out.
Below via examiner.com
Those wishing to attend any of Nora Roberts’ booksignings at the Turn the Page (TTP) Bookstore during 2012 now have a complete list of dates from which to choose
Located at 18 North Main Street in Boonsboro, Md, the Turn the Page Bookstore is owned and operated by Bruce Wilder, Nora Roberts’ husband. At any of TTP’s scheduled signings, Roberts and her invited guest authors are available to sign their recent publications.
TTP will host seven such events during 2012. These are listed below:
- Feb. 18 – TTP will host its annual Valentine’s Day event featuring the J.D. Robb In Death series novel Celebrity in Death.
- April 14 – TTP will highlight Nora Roberts’ 2012 romantic suspense release, The Witness.
- April 27 – TTP will host its annual Washington Romance Writers Mega-Booksigning, focusing on The Last Boyfriend, book 2 of Roberts’ Inn BoonsBoro trilogy.
- July 7 – TTP will hold its 17th anniversary booksigning.
- Sept. 15 – TTP’s signing will present the J.D. Robb In Death series novel Delusion in Death.
- Nov. 3 – TTP’s signing will feature The Perfect Hope, book 3 in Roberts’ Inn BoonsBoro trilogy.
- Dec. 8 – TTP will host its Holiday booksigning, called “Holiday in Boonsboro.”