Excerpt from American Vampire
DC/Vertigo Comics has given /Film an exclusive 7 page excerpt from the beginning of Stephen King‘s segment of the new graphic novel series American Vampire.
Written by celebrated short story writer Scott Snyder and drawn by artist Rafael Albuquerque AMERICAN VAMPIRE is a new monthly comic book series with a unique contribution from New York Times bestselling novelist Stephen King. AMERICAN VAMPIRE introduces readers to a new breed of vampire—a more muscular and vicious species of vampire with distinctly American characteristics. The series’ first story arc, told over the course of five issues (now available as a New York Times bestselling hardcover collection) features two different stories, one written by Snyder, the other by King. The ongoing series will continue with Snyder and Albuquerque tracing the first American vampire’s bloodline through various decades of American history.
King’s story, which is the first comic book writing the author has done based on original material, provides the origin of the very first American vampire.
The NEW Vampire Rules
- American Vampires don’t get burned by the sun, in fact, they tan.
- American Vampires draw power from the moon.
- American Vampires have a paralyzing venom in their snakelike fangs.
- American Vampires are stronger, faster and more vicious than any vampire that has come before.
- American Vampires DO have a reflection, it’s just twisted because of how they absorb and emit light.
- American Vampires can be DESTROYED by…Gold!
Read More HERE
Hmmm I’m not much of a Stephen King fan but this graphic novel is oddly intriguing and I might have to get a copy. And well I don’t even know what to think about the ‘vampire rules’. They are even crazier than Twilight vampires sparkling.
What do you think of today’s comic news? Will you be getting a copy of American Vampire?