This week we are highlighting the newly released YA Graphic Novel ‘Vampireology: The True History of the Fallen (Ologies) by Archer Brooks and Nick Holt, from Candlewick Press.
Long before the term vampire was born, long before Bram Stoker fictionalized this being’s ways, blood-drinking demons were banished to Earth by Michael’s host of Angels, or so the Bible describes. Now this rich, mesmerizing resource, written in 1900, sheds light on what happened hence to the three vampire bloodlines — especially the tortured souls known as the Belial. Interspersed are booklets, flaps, and letters between a young paranormal researcher who discovered the book in the 1920s and an oddly alluring woman who seeks his help. Among the phenomena explored are:
* vampires’ genealogical origins, attributes, and range
* myths about the making of vampires
* secrets of vampires’ powers and shape-shifting skills
* tips for spotting vampires, protecting oneself, and fighting back
* case studies of famous vampires — and vampire hunters — through history
* a shocking overview of vampires “living” among us
Follow the fate of a 1920s investigator lured by a beauty with violet eyes.
Regardless of your age bracket, this sounds like a must have for all vampire fans. Check out OlogyWorld.com to learn about all the other Ology books. It includes games and downloads as well. Pretty neat interactive site.