Terry Faces his Fear Waiting Sucks Teaser via hollywoodreporter.com
Anna Paquin & Stephen Moyer Expecting 1st Child via NYdailynews.com
Anna Paquinand Stephen Moyerhave started their true bloodline.
The couple, who play supernatural star-crossed lovers on HBO’s “True Blood,” are expecting their first child together, their reps have confirmed to Entertainment Weekly.
Paquin, 29, and Moyer, 42, first met in 2007 when they began working together on the hit HBO series. Two years later, Moyer proposed to the actress with a vintage-style ring on the beach.
The two tied the knot during an intimate sunset ceremony in Malibu in August 2010. Their show’s creator Alan Ball, and co-stars Ryan Kwanten, Sam Trammell, Rutina Wesley and Carrie Preston were also reportedly in attendance.
Paquin, who became the second youngest person in history to win an Academy Award at age 11 for her role in “The Piano,” has been candid about her decision to delay starting a family with Moyer, who is already a father to two children — Billy, 12, and Lilac, 10 — from a previous relationship.
“I have trouble planning anything more than brunch with my friends,” Paquin told Marie Claire in 2010. “But when the time’s right, we’ll do it.”
The newly-engaged couple will return to the small screen when the fifth season of “True Blood” premieres June 10.
Alexander Skarsgard’s brotherly role in ‘Battleship’ via mb.com.ph
MANILA, Philippines — Alexander Skarsgård trades his “True Blood” Viking vampire fangs for a disciplinarian brother to Taylor Kitsch’s character in “Battleship.”
Skarsgård is known to play rough and tough on TV with “True Blood” and “Generation Kill” but accessing his soft side is nothing new to the actor who once played one of Ben Stiller’s male model friends in “Zoolander.” But in “Battleship,” Skarsgård gets to have the best of both worlds as a kick-ass Commander Stone who felt he needed to push his brother (Kitsch) to more responsible choices.
“If Alex is the guy on the team that has a lot of potential but doesn’t really know it or live up to it, Stone is the captain of the team and is its driving force. It’s tricky for Stone because he loves his brother and wants him to do something with his life. At the same time, he also wants his brother to learn from his mistakes and find his own way. So, he steps back and lets his brother make his own decisions,” said Skarsgård of his part in the Peter Berg film which also stars Rihanna, Brooklyn Decker and Liam Neeson. The movie opened April 12.
The Swedish actor added, “He’s tough on his brother, but you feel the love between them and the connection there. You have to feel that he really cares about his brother or it wouldn’t work. I really liked the dynamic of their story arc.”
The 35-year-old TV star said he knew “Battleship” will be this big action film from the onset. But Skarsgård also liked that the story explored character plots. “From an actor’s point of view, I needed to know if it was going to be all about explosions. Peter is an actor himself and he told me how important it was for him to get the relationships right, like the one between my character and Taylor Kitsch’s character. If you don’t have believable characters, you don’t have anything. I have to admit that I was a little nervous but when you see the way Peter Berg works, you understand that it is very organic and even fun. When you are in front of the camera with a director like Peter behind it, everything seems easier and you don’t think about the scale of things.”
In a previous interview with Bulletin Entertainment, Skarsgård said he thrives on challenging roles. “I enjoy challenges in my work. When stepping into a new project, you’re not super confident. And I thrive on that situation.”
For “Battleship,” he asked the producers if he could actually spend time on board a US Navy vessel, USS Benfold (DDG 65) to observe a commanding officer (CO) and his crew in action. “I did get to talk to the CO of the ship, which helped tremendously. I was also able to fly out and land on an aircraft carrier, which was spectacular.”
True Blood Season 4 Release Date via buzzfocus.com
HBO has just announced that bloodsuckers the world over can get ready for True Blood Season 5 with the DVD and Blu-ray release of True Blood: The Complete Fourth Season.
True Blood‘s fourth season hits Blu-ray and DVD on May 29, 2012.
Blu-ray Features (along with all DVD extras):
- Includes “Blu-ray with HBO Select”: DVD + Digital Copy
- Enhanced Viewing:
– Character Perspectives (picture-in-picture): Find out the back story of what happened in Bon Temps while Sookie was missing in Faerieland and get the inside scoop from your favorite characters including Andy, Arlene, Crystal, Debbie, Don Bartolo, Godrick, Jason, Lafayette, Luna, Maxine, Melinda, Nan, Pam, and Tara.
– Vampire Histories/Character Bios and Hints/FYIs: Get even more background on favorite characters, trivia facts as well as show hints and clues.
– Flashback/Flash Forward: Move through time in the world of Bon Temps. Flashback to relive pivotal moments or Flash Forward to reveal the significance of a certain scene.
– True Blood Lines: Uncover secrets from relationships past and present in this engaging, fully interactive guide and archive.
- True Blood: The Final Touches: join show creator and executive producer Alan Ball as he reveals an exclusive, never-before-seen glimpse in the post production process of True Blood.
- Inside the Episodes: get the backstories on each episode with revealing interviews from the show writers.
- Audio Commentaries: six commentaries with cast and crew including Alan Ball, Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Alexander Skarsgård, Deborah Ann Woll, Sam Trammell, Fiona Shaw, and more.